Disappointed at the thought of only wearing pants for what seems like an eternity during these winter months?
Fear not, as today’s fashion trends are becoming more adaptable and interchangeable.
So don’t pack away your playful summer dresses. Here are some tips on how you can easily transition them so they are suitable for the cooler temperatures.
1. An easy way to transition a dress from warm to cooler weather is to throw on some dark winter tights paired with booties.
2. Sweaters are your best friend – no matter the style. Completely change the look of a dress and add some warmth to your outfit by throwing on a cute winter sweater like an Alfred Sung lace detail sweater or wrap-front cardigan.
3. Drape a large scarf over your shoulders and add a belt on top of it just above your waist to create a layering effect and give you an hourglass silhouette.
4. Don’t forget about skirts. Pair your favourite skirt with an open-front sweater, tights and heels for a polished yet comfortable winter chic look.
5. Turtlenecks are making a comeback in the fashion world and are the perfect item to winterize your dresses. Wear a light-coloured turtleneck under a dark-coloured sleeveless dress for a sophisticated look. Transition this outfit from day to night by adding a chunky necklace and bangles.